Mystery of the Dutch Heritage Bunker

Mystery of the Dutch Heritage Bunker

Mystery of the Dutch Heritage Bunker – Some of the articles that we will provide are articles that we summarize from trusted sources, here are articles that discuss the mystery of the bunker and command room in an old Dutch house.

Located not far from Cisauk Train Station, on the edge of Jalan Cisauk towards Bumi Serpong Damai (BSD), Tangerang, Banten, this old European-style building invites a question mark.
Half of the building has been destroyed and has become increasingly dull and covered with dust from the road, which is the passage for large sand trucks from Bogor to BSD.

1. Dutch troops in Cisauk in 1949

It looks weathered, but it implies a lot of history hidden in this old building. However, it is very difficult to get correct and accurate information about the origin and existence of this abandoned building.
Only a few statements relating to the post-independence Dutch occupation, precisely on January 22, 1949, can be one of the most plausible references. The note can be seen from the graffiti on the wall of the front room of the old house.
This version states that this building was one of the command headquarters for the KL (Royal Dutch Forces) and KNIL (Royal Dutch Forces, which recruited many local Indonesians) to monitor their territory in Tangerang.
The question arises, why did the Dutch still carry out military operations in Cisauk in 1949? Even though Indonesia was independent in 1945. The most logical thing about their existence was that the agreement between Indonesia and the Netherlands on the American warship, USS Renville, in 1948, which we know in history books is the Renville agreement.
In the agreement, the Netherlands only recognized part of the territory of the Republic of Indonesia (RI), namely Sumatra, Central Java and Yogyakarta. This means that there is a demarcation line that separates the territory of Indonesia and the Netherlands. As a consequence of the demarcation line, the Indonesian army had to withdraw to Indonesian territory.
The dispute over the territories divided into demarcation only ended on December 27, 1949. Whereas the Dutch handed over sovereignty over Indonesia to the Republic of the United States of Indonesia, excluding the Netherlands New Guinea. Within this demarcation line, Cisauk Tangerang was an area controlled by the Dutch.

2. Once a monastery, the old house was thought to belong to an employee of a Dutch rubber plantation

The temple that Muchlis described has now shifted to the southern part of the building. The monastery stands on top of the bunker which is the entrance, right in front of the bedroom window containing instructions on the headquarters of the military command.
On further investigation, this monastery named Kwan Im Hud Cow is also related to the existence of this old Dutch building.
According to Muchlis and local residents, the old building used to be a temple until 1987, until finally it moved next door. From the story about the monastery it is also known that this old house belonged to a Dutch rubber plantation employee named Tian Chin which was built in 1929.

3. Command room so the only clue

It is indeed very difficult to get a concrete history of the building which has a veranda which is supported by four large pillars. The inner door is all gone. Some of the frames were also missing. The tiles are decorated with simple motifs. There is a 2 × 2 meter ventilation hole on the roof of the living room.
Underneath it is a box made of cement with no clear function. The walls of the interior are clear of graffiti, except in one of the rooms which gives many clues about the movement of Dutch troops in Cisauk and that place was once a command center.